Think about the positive things that you can accomplish today. Adopting this mindset can also be beneficial to those with loved ones in recovery. Once your loved one stops using drugs and alcohol, you may expect them to simply “get better” overnight. Bearing the weight of others’ expectations can actually be counterproductive to one’s recovery. As one becomes physically and emotionally dependent on a substance, quitting can feel impossible. Some believe their addiction is just another example of their powerlessness in life.
- Likely, you have experienced many negative consequences as a result of your addiction, but there also might have been something seemingly positive that drugs and alcohol provided.
- When reading positive drug addiction quotes, you can fill your mind with positive thoughts.
- Let the power of addiction recovery stories inspire you to take that first step.
- However, these drug addiction quotes for recovering addicts may be able to help.
- Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” In this sense, motivating oneself through the power of quotes can be an effective daily practice.
Healing is needed by both the addict and their entire family. Quotes for addicts’ family members are important because they should not be forgotten sober house heroes supporting loved ones during their struggle to get better. Drug addiction quotes can provide essential peace and reflection.
Thought for the Day
He also has lobbied lawmakers for more funding for mental health and affordable housing – you can see him in action at a Congressional reception in July 2018 below. From medical detox to residential and outpatient treatment, we have got you covered. We provide evidence-based therapies like CBT, DBT, and EMDR to address the root causes of addiction.
The reward is regaining your life and reaching your true potential, making the hard work at the beginning worth it. Katie’s successful path to recovery began by looking outside of herself. When she was working at Recovery Centers of America, something happened that changed her path for the better. Jules’ recovery has been as much about finding herself and living her truth but rather about reclaiming her life from alcoholism. All of my peers were still at college partying while I was embarking on a spiritual journey. It was the most difficult and most brave thing I have ever done.
Learn More About Our Services
If you are addicted to drugs or alcohol, your first step in recovery should be a medical detox in a safe and medically supervised setting. We Level Up New Jersey detox center medically assists patients in clearing their systems of addictive substances. Family addition quotes shed light on the harm to the entire family from substance abuse.
- It will force you and your loved ones to get to the core of what caused the addiction in the first place, allowing for healing.
- At the same time, substances can dull emotions and make painful feelings disappear temporarily.
- However, in reality they are enabling the addict’s behaviors by removing the consequences of their actions.
- You might find a quote about addiction recovery here that may resonate with your feelings.
- His downward spiral deepened when he sampled the drugs and became addicted.
Or “If I had gotten sober ten years ago, my life wouldn’t be such a mess”. Sure, that’s a possibility, but this way of thinking causes unproductive shame spirals, paralyzing us from taking action now. Although we can’t change the past, we do have a say in what our futures will look like. Focusing on what you haven’t done will only draw you away from accomplishing new things.